Travelling is part and parcel of modern urban living – people travel for work, education, recreation and many other reasons.
The three main modes of public transport in Singapore are the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT), buses and taxis. Public bus transport service in Singapore is, by far, the most common form of public transportation in Singapore, followed by the MRT and taxis respectively. Public bus transport service ply almost every part of Singapore, making it the most extensive form of public transportation, while the MRT provides speed and efficiency, especially during peak hours.
Public bus transport service continues to be a major part of Singapore’s public transportation because the MRT network is not yet very extensive – the trains tend only to arrive at major town centres. To get to locations in the more peripheral areas, you usually have no choice but to take a bus or a cab.
Singaporeans have a love-hate relationship with public bus transport service in Singapore. It’s not hard to tell why. There is the time spent waiting for a bus to arrive (sometimes have to wait for more than 20 minutes). To make matters worse, many buses tend to be packed, especially during peak hours. Still, to put things in perspective, the public bus transport service is the most cost-effective way to travel in Singapore.
However bus transport service in Singapore, while maybe not as enjoyable as commuting in your own personal vehicle, have its benefits.
The Benefits of Using Bus Transport Service
1) Use travel time for leisure – On a bus you can read a book, play a game, catch up on emails, text your mates, read the paper or even chat with your friends. It is also pretty relaxing to just take a little nap.
2) Faster journeys – Prioritised traffic lights and dedicated bus lanes on main routes allow buses to get through the city quickly.
3) Low cost – Taking taxi or owning a car is more expensive than travelling by bus
4) Convenience – With the latest bus information technology at your fingertips, you can find out more information about your next bus service.
5) Make you fitter – Public bus transport makes you exercise more. You generally have to walk a little bit, and that bit of exercise could make you fitter.
6) Reduced greenhouse gases – An increase in the use of public bus transport service in Singapore results in less pollution and better air quality. Reducing congestion in the city also improves the ambience of our streets and our general quality of life.
Types of Bus Transportation Service
1) Charter services – No matter the event or occasion, the bus transport company in Singapore can provide you with charter bus rental solutions anywhere in Singapore.
2) Staff transport – Whether it is ferrying workers to sites or providing shuttle bus service between factories and MRT stations, they have the right buses to serve your needs.
3) School excursions – They also provide private bus charter to school events and places of interest.
4) Bus tours – Take a tour of Malaysia or city sightseeing tours in Singapore are also available within bus transport company in Singapore.